Unleashed Podcast RSS Feed
Umbrex A global community of independent, top-tier management consultants
- Episode 243: Marc Feigen on how Fortune 200 CEOs are addressing the threat posed by the coronavirusby Marsha Brockenwell on March 27, 2020 at 2:39 pm
Marc Feigen is considered the leading CEO advisor in the United States; Fortune magazine called him the “CEO Whisperer.”
- Episode 242: C.V. Ramachandran on how the coronavirus will accelerate digital transformation of the economyby Marsha Brockenwell on March 27, 2020 at 2:37 pm
C.V. Ramachandran has three decades of consulting experience, having served as a senior leader at Booz Allen Hamilton, A.T. Kearney, AlixPartners, and Accenture.
- Episode 241: Kaihan Krippendorf organized a virtual summit to support the fight against coronavirusby Marsha Brockenwell on March 24, 2020 at 10:57 am
In a matter of days, Umbrex member Kaihan Krippendorf has organized a fantastic event to support the fight against COVID-19: the 2020 Outthinker Virtual Summit.
- Episode 240: Daniel Weiner, restructuring attorney, on options for distressed businessesby Marsha Brockenwell on March 23, 2020 at 8:25 am
Daniel Weiner is a prominent attorney with forty years of experience serving companies in distress, guiding them through restructuring efforts. He is widely published on the subject of bankruptcy, including co-author of the Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide and contributing author to Bankruptcy and Its Impact on LLC Membership Interests, published by The Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- Episode 239: Fourteen ideas for creating or enhancing your marketing collateralby Marsha Brockenwell on March 20, 2020 at 2:35 pm
If you are looking to stay productive while between projects, one way to use the time productively is to invest time in creating or improving the marketing collateral of your firm.
- Episode 238: Technology tools for independent professionalsby Marsha Brockenwell on March 20, 2020 at 2:17 pm
If you are looking to stay productive while between projects, one area to invest time is setting up technology tools for your practice.
- Episode 237: MixMax gives you email superpowersby Marsha Brockenwell on March 20, 2020 at 2:07 pm
MixMax is a tool that plugs into Gmail or G-Suite email and provides you with email superpowers.
- Episode 236: Tech recommendation: Use Evernote as your external brainby Marsha Brockenwell on March 20, 2020 at 2:04 pm
I highly recommend Evernote - it is far more than a note-taking app. You can also clip websites, save voice memos, store emails, and many more.
- Episode 235: Mark Williams aka ‘Mr. LinkedIn’ on how to create a best-in-class LinkedIn profileby Marsha Brockenwell on March 20, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Mark Williams, aka 'Mr. LinkedIn', is the host of one of my favorite podcasts, LinkedInFormed - I've listened to dozens of episodes, and much of what I know about LinkedIn I know from Mark.
- Episode 234: Help small businesses navigate the coronavirus pandemicby Marsha Brockenwell on March 18, 2020 at 11:03 am
Umbrex has set of a task force to help small businesses navigate the coronavirus pandemic. We'd love to get your help across the following workstreams.
- Episode 233: Susan Drumm on how to facilitate an effective virtual meetingby Marsha Brockenwell on March 16, 2020 at 8:28 am
Our guest today is Umbrex member Susan Drumm, a BCG alum and the CEO of Meritage Leadership Development. Susan has extensive experience in running virtual meetings via videoconference, and in today’s episode she shares a set of tips to make virtual meetings more effective.
- Episode 232: Rhona Silverbush coaches actors to speak Shakespeare with confidenceby Marsha Brockenwell on March 9, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Our guest today is Rhona Silverbush, co- author of Speak the Speech!: Shakespeare's Monologues Illuminated. Rhona teaches small-group classes and privates one-on-one coaching to actors on how to speak the language of Shakespeare.
- Episode 231: Jay Charkow explains the system of international tariffsby Marsha Brockenwell on March 3, 2020 at 4:02 pm
Our guest today is Jay Charkow, President of International Tariff Management. For several years I’ve been wanting to understand the basics around tariffs. In the New York Times or Wall Street Journal, usually all you get is some very broad statement such as “the Administration has imposed a new round of tariffs on goods imported from China.”
- Episode 230: Andrea Bonime-Blanc on how leaders transform risk into resilience and valueby Marsha Brockenwell on February 25, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Our guest today is Andrea Bonime-Blanc, a leading global expert in the area of risk management, and the author of five books, including the recently published Gloom to Boom: How Leaders Transform Risk Into Resilience and Value.
- Episode 229: Gaurav Bhatnagar on how to lead a cultural transformationby Marsha Brockenwell on February 17, 2020 at 9:27 am
Our guest today is McKinsey alum Gaurav Bhatnagar, who is the Founding Partner of Co-Creation Partners, where he leads cultural transformations for his clients.
- Episode 228: Build relationships now with future clients – a tip for executives who plan to become a consultantby Marsha Brockenwell on February 11, 2020 at 1:09 pm
For executives who are thinking about becoming a consultant in a year or two, a time investment of two hours per week now can dramatically improve your chances of success when you launch your practice.
- Episode 227: Jim McEachern on how the telecom industry is fighting robocallsby Marsha Brockenwell on February 3, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Our guest today is Jim McEachern, an independent consultant who has been working with the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (or ATIS) on developing technology to cut down on robocalls.
- Episode 226: Michael Sorrentino provides media trainingby Marsha Brockenwell on January 27, 2020 at 9:57 am
In this video edition of Unleashed, Michael Sorrentino provides Will Bachman with an introduction to media training.
- Episode 225: Liliana Petrova on optimizing the customer experienceby Marsha Brockenwell on January 21, 2020 at 11:58 am
Our guest today is Liliana Petrova, who runs The Petrova Experience, a consulting firm that helps brands build differentiated experiences and leverage technology to increase customer loyalty, efficiencies and revenue.
- Episode 224: Tineke Keesmaat on the connections between strategy, organizational change, and people leadershipby Marsha Brockenwell on January 13, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Today's guest is McKinsey alum and Umbrex member Tineke Keesmaat, who is based in Toronto. Tineke’s firm works with ambitious leaders and she is known for her unique blend of world-class strategy, organizational change, and people leadership.