Episode 69: Ian Tidswell on pricing excellence
July 2, 2018
Our guest today is Umbrex member Ian Tidswell.
Ian has a PhD in physics from Harvard. He did science for a few years but missed the human element and ended up as a management consultant at McKinsey.
After McKinsey he worked at Vendavo, a software firm, and that is where he fell in love with pricing, which for Ian is the perfect mixture of the analytical and the human element.
In this episode, Ian shares his perspective on pricing, including
- Why pricing is so important
- signs that a company has an opportunity to optimize pricing
- what good pricing looks like
- how to organize the pricing function
- and we walk through an example of pricing for a crop protection company.
I enjoyed my conversation with Ian and I hope you find it helpful. You can follow up with Ian at Ian@eenconsulting.com